Substitute Teaching
1.     Request and fill out Southern Wells Community Schools application, tax paperwork, and new employee hire form, etc… (you may call 765-728-5537 or email:Corporation Secretary)


2.     Go online to open a Profile. Notify Southern Wells when this is complete so your application can be approved. There is a small cost; however, this will allow you to obtain a Substitute Teaching License from the State of Indiana. The license can be copied and taken to other schools corporations (we will also accept copies from other corporations).


3.     From our website (, click on the Central Office link, and under Employment, follow the link to Extended Criminal History Check. You will fill out some fields with Safe Hiring Solutions and pay a fee online. A report will be returned to our central office in about 1-2 weeks (we will also accept a photocopy from other corporations).


When all steps are completed, you will be added to our list for schools to call.

Home             Administration             Jr / Sr High School             Elementary             Athletics             Alumni
9120 South 300 West, Poneto, Indiana 46781   |   P 765.728.5537
Quick-Edit Login