Construction Trades Teacher
Position Title: Construction Trades Teacher
Salary Range: Teacher Contract
Teacher Contract plus 2 weeks (one week prior to the start of school, one week at the end of the school year)
Initial program start up: Contract days up to 2 weeks to establish program
Immediate Supervisor: Building Principal
· Align the local Construction Trades program with Indiana state standards using appropriate NCCER curriculum and assessments
· Deliver ongoing safety instruction, including OSHA standards
· Integrate science, math, and language arts standards into the Construction Trades curriculum
· Provide opportunity for students to earn college dual credits and/or recognized industry certification(s).
· Establish a local program Advisory Committee and meet a minimum of twice per year
Teaching / Program Management
· Differentiate instructional methods to meet individual student learning styles.
· Communicate regularly with parents, providing opportunity for parent involvement in student and program success.
· Maintain regular periodic communication with administrators of all sending high schools regarding student grades, attendance, and behavior.
· Manage the behavioral, social, and emotional issues of students in the classroom through positive interventions.
· Demonstrate a flexible, positive, and proactive approach to managing a daily 3-hour instructional block of time.
Credentials / Licensing Requirements
Must hold, or be able to obtain one of the following Indiana teaching licenses.
1. CTE: Trade & Industrial Building Trades 5-12
2. Workplace Specialist: Construction Trades 9-12 - Individuals may qualify for a Workplace Specialist license based upon three years (6000 hours) of direct work experience within the field within the past five years. A traditional teaching license is desirable but is not required.
Submit a certified application for employment (found on corporation website), letter of interest in position, and resume (include on resume postsecondary training, work experience, licensure(s), certification(s), and three professional references for work or construction completed).
For consideration, application materials are due by February 28, 2017. Submit to:
Mr. Chad Yencer, Principal
Southern Wells Jr/Sr High School
9120 South 300 West
Poneto, IN 46781-9601