Food Service Information

Food Service Information

Linq Connect Portal Login/Signup

More +

2023-2024 Lunch Pricing





Kindergarten-6th Grade


 Adult Breakfast


 7th - 12th Grade


 Reduced Breakfast


 Adult Lunch




 Reduced Lunch


More +

Meal Accounts Procedure

Procedure for Student Lunch/Meal Accounts

Southern Wells Community Schools 

The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and the National School Breakfast Program requires school food authorities to establish written administrative guidelines and procedures for meal charges. Southern Wells Community School Corporation will adhere to the following meal charge procedure. 


  • All cafeteria purchases are to be prepaid before meal service begins. Parents may pay online through the Linq Connect portal you can send money with your student to school and they can pay at the register for HS and pay in the office in the Elem.  


  • A student may charge up to 3 meals maximum (one charge per meal) as long as they establish and maintain a good credit history of making payments on their food service accounts. 


  • A staff member may charge up to $9.20 as long as they establish and maintain a good credit history of making payments on their food service accounts.


  • A student who has charged a meal may not charge or purchase "a la carte" item(s), including extra main entrees and milk.


  • If a student repeatedly comes to school with no lunch and no money, food service employees must report this to the building principal as this may be a sign of abuse or neglect and the proper authorities may be contacted.  


  • The food service manager or other school personnel will coordinate communications with the student, parent(s)/guardian(s) to resolve the matter of unpaid charges.


  • The automated Linq Connect system will notify parents when the students account gets below $5.00. If you want to receive these notifications, then make sure you create an acct for your student. School personnel will also send home letters at the end of each month to parents of students who carry negative balances of $10.00 and above.


  • All accounts must be settled at the end of the school year. Letters will be emailed or sent home approximately 10 days before the end of the year to students who have any negative balances. Negative balances not paid in full by the end of the school year have the potential to be taken to small claims court.  


  • Students who graduate or withdraw from the corporation and have $10.00 or more left in their lunch/meal food service account will be notified by email by the HS office at the end of the school year and given the option to transfer the funds to another student or to receive a refund. Students who graduate or withdraw from the corporation and have less than $10.00 will not receive a refund. They will be encouraged to spend the remaining amount in their acct. Unclaimed remaining balances will be transferred to a Food Fight Account.  
More +

Lunch Line A Parent's Guide

Parent's Guide More +
In Accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disablity, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program informaton (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: mail, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410; fax 202-690-7442; or email: [email protected]
This Institute is an equal opportunity provider. 
View text-based website