7th and 8th grade parents: Your children may be eligible for a college scholarship Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars program offers income-eligible Hoosier students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school, dependent upon financial need. In middle and high school, Scholars are connected to programs and resources to help them stay on track for college and career success. Once in college, Scholars receive support to complete their college degrees and connect to career opportunities. 7th and 8th grade Indiana students whose families meet income eligibility guidelines can apply to become a 21st Century Scholar. Applications must be received by June 30 of the student’s 8th grade year.
As a Scholar, you pledge to:
*Complete the Scholar Success Program in high school and in college, which includes activities at each grade level to help you stay on track for college and career success.
* Graduate from a state-accredited high school with a minimum of a Core 40 diploma and a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
* Not use illegal drugs, commit a crime or delinquent act, or consume alcohol before reaching the legal drinking age.
* File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15 as a high school senior and each year thereafter until you graduate from college.
* Apply to an eligible Indiana college as a high school senior, and enroll as a full-time student within one year of high school graduation.
* Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards established by my college.
* Complete 30 credit hours each year you are in college to stay on track toward earning your degree on time.
Apply online at Scholars.IN.gov and provide:
* Student’s Social Security Number, date of birth and address.
* Parent or guardian’s Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, if applicable.
* 2021 gross income amounts for all members of the household. If applying after December 31, 2022, use 2022 gross income. * A valid email address (free email accounts are available at Yahoo.com, Gmail.com, Hotmail.com, and Live.com). 21st
Century Scholars Program Income Guidelines (2022-2023)
Household Size Maximum Annual Income
For each additional person in the household add $8,732.